Saturday, March 27, 2010

Links, links, and more links Updated pages and tweets.

Okay. Updated quite a bit on my School links page! Woot Woot. http://hotchkissschoollinks.wikispaces.com/  I have seperate pages for School links and resources in various areas (Games, teacher resources, Math, Language arts, Science and Social studies). I have an assistive technology page of links to Augmentative communication, screen readers, speech to text software. And Finally links page started related to various disability categories. (Transition and career links, autism, learning disabilities, etc). A little a time. Bit by Bit.

I have links also on the homepage to blogs and other social media I am following school or disability related, whether it is people, or companies. I'm pretty proud of this growing list-- neverending list. I hope it helps someone. I know I have found a few sites that will help me with my students and kids at home. One of my daughter's favorite reading sites is Starfall. (www.starfall.com) She loves that site for early reading and very intuiative for a five year old to navigate.

One that I will be investigating and playing with in the future is BrainFlip. (http://www.brainflips.com/) You can create online flashcards and use sound files and picture files. It looks amazing with lots of potential. Especially since my students have difficulty memorizing things often for school-- and often get disengaged with traditional flash cards-- even if they bother to do them.

Follow me on Twitter www.twitter.com/ellenhotchkiss (though often Tweeting about mundane life I have a school links list of people I am following on Twitter. Alongside my Musicians I <3 and Catholictweets, etc.

Also follow me at www.twitter.com/ellenhotchcm I will start to post things for my creative memories stuff as I am selling and a consultant for CM again. I plan on doing a lot of digital scrapbooking and go back to traditional later. :) Though creativememories has some amazing new products out there.  http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/ellenmhotchkiss
CM ID: 82461312

Ok Im dont blathering for one afternoon.

"Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and never succeed." (Proverbs 12:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment